Iowa Land Auction Prices, October 13-19, 2017
Posted on October 23, 2017 at 1:12 PM by Jim Rothermich
Greetings! Fewer acres of land were auctioned this week as compared to last. 374 acres of land were offered, of which 321 acres were tillable. All farms sold. The land market continues to be very strong. Here are the highlights:
- 74 acres sold in Tama County- $6,120/acre- 71 tillable acres- CSR2- 73 (price includes 2% buyers fee)
- 57 acres sold in Van Buren County- $3,700/acre- 16 tillable acres- CSR2- 46 (recreational tract)
- 74 acres sold in Crawford County- $6,681/acre- all tillable- CSR2- 58
- 169 acres sold in Floyd County- offered in two tracts:
- 73 acres- $8,650/acre- 70 tillable acres- CSR2- 83
- 96 acres- $6,000/acre- 90 tillable acres- CSR2- 71
Yields of corn and soybeans continue to exceed expectations. November will be very active for land auctions, and will be the most active month in 2017. This will really test the market.
“That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!” Please check back next week to see what the Iowa land market is doing.
Jim “the Land Talker”
Monthly Iowa land auction results email: Click here to subscribe.