Iowa Land Auction Prices, September 1-7, 2017
Posted on September 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM by Jim Rothermich
Greetings! Slightly more acres of land were auctioned this week as compared to last. 1,447 acres of land were offered, of which 1,198 acres were tillable. There were a couple of “no sales.” After visiting with realtors last week, there were a couple of farms sold that did not meet expectations of the realtor. The realtors who sold those farms stated that low commodity prices were the reason. Most of the farms sold well last week but low commodity prices may be affecting the land market in certain areas. Here are the highlights:
- 95 acres sold in Hardin County- $8,000/acre- 82 tillable acres- CSR2- 88
- 180 acres sold in Audubon County- offered in two tracts:
- 100 acres- undisclosed- 90 tillable acres- CSR2-73
- 80 acres- undisclosed- 76 tillable acres- CSR2- 68
- 40 acres sold in Dickinson County- $12,100/acre- 38 tillable acres- CSR2- 85
- 120 acres “no sale” in Buchanan County- 114 tillable acres- CSR2- 89
- 161 acres sold in Osceola County- offered in 3 tracts- purchased as two units:
- 156 acres- $12,900/acre- 151 tillable acres- CSR2- 95
- 5 acres- lump sum $142,000 (improved with dwelling & outbuildings)
- 79 acres sold in Sioux County- $15,600/acre- 76 tillable acres- CSR2- 91
- 567 acres sold in Jasper County- offered in three tracts:
- 277 acres- $8,700/acre- 266 tillable acres- CSR2- 85
- 235 acres- $4,302/acre- 182 tillable acres- CSR2- 61
- 55 acres- lump sum $465,000- pasture farm improved with dwelling
- 205 acres “partially sold” in Madison County- offered in two tracts:
- 20 acres- “sold”- $4,750/acre- all recreation
- 185 acres- “no sale”- 123 tillable acres- CSR2- 61
Land auction activity is beginning to pick up. There are going to be more acres coming to the market at auction. This will test the stability of the land market.
“That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!” Please check back next week to see what the Iowa land market is doing.
Jim “the Land Talker”
Monthly Iowa land auction results email: Click here to subscribe.