Iowa Land Auction Prices, August 11-17, 2017
Posted on August 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM by Jim Rothermich
Greetings! Fewer acres of land were auctioned this week as compared to last. 630 acres of land were offered, of which 452 acres were tillable. All farms sold. The market still appears to be strong. Here are the highlights:
- 125 acres sold in Plymouth County- $10,100/acre- 123 tillable acres- CSR2- 81
- 36 acres sold in Davis County- $2,300/acre- all pasture (does not include 2% buyers fee)
- 221 acres sold in Madison County- offered in two tracts:
- 40 acres- $2,850/acre- 29 tillable acres- CSR2- 42
- 181 acres- $3,580/acre- 120 tillable acres- CSR2- 55
- 150 acres sold in Warren County- $5,300/acre- 102 tillable acres- CSR2- 78
- 60 acres sold in Mahaska County- $6,200/acre-43 tillable acres- CSR2- 67
- 38 acres sold in O’Brien County- $12,000/acre- 35 tillable acres- CSR2- 96
Grain prices went south after the USDA’s crop production report on August 10, 2017.The land market has held up very well with the bearish news, but there really has not been enough land auctioned to test the market.Based on my auction research, land auctions will become more active in September.
“That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!” Please check back next week to see what the Iowa land market is doing.
Jim “the Land Talker”
Monthly Iowa land auction results email: Click here to subscribe.