Iowa Land Auction Prices, July 28-August 3, 2017
Posted on August 7, 2017 at 3:46 PM by Jim Rothermich
Greetings! There was more land offered at auction this week as compared to last week. 1,269 acres of land were offered, of which 1,163 acres were tillable. There were a couple of “no sales” but I do not think it is an indication of a weakening market. Here are the highlights:
- 139 acres sold in Floyd County- $7,500/acre- all tillable- CSR2- 72 (does not include 2% buyer’s premium)
- 73 acres sold in Chickasaw County- $6,500/acre- 62 tillable acres- CSR2- 91 (does not include 2% buyer’s premium)
- 172 acres sold in Jackson County- $7,100/acre- 154 tillable acres- CSR2- 50
- 201 acres “no sale” in Wright County- offered in two tracts:
- 150 acres- 144 tillable acres- CSR2- 68
- 10 acres- site with dwelling & outbuildings
- 41 acres- 35 tillable acres- CSR2- 71
- 248 acres sold in Hardin County- $9,150/acre- 238 tillable acres- CSR2- 84- offered in two tracts- purchased as a unit.
- 116 acres sold in Howard County- $7,500/acre- 104 tillable acres- CSR2- 85
- 160 acres “no sale” in Washington County- 140 tillable acres- CSR2- 78.6 (improved with dwelling & outbuildings)
- 160 acres sold in Sac County- $8,125/acre- 147 tillable acres- CSR2- 88
The extended weather forecast is for cooler temperatures and increasing chances of rain. August rain makes the soybean crop. Grain prices have turned south due to parts of the Midwest getting much needed rain.
“That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!” Please check back next week to see what the Iowa land market is doing.
Jim “the Land Talker”
Monthly Iowa land auction results email: Click here to subscribe.