Iowa Land Auction Prices, July 21-27, 2017
Posted on July 31, 2017 at 9:30 AM by Jim Rothermich
Greetings! It was a very slow week for land auctions. Only 470 acres of land were offered, of which 395 acres were tillable. The market continues to be strong. Here are the highlights:
- 271 acres sold in Des Moines County- offered in three tracts:
- 119 acres- $8,200/acre- 113 tillable acres- CSR2- 84
- 20 acres- $8,600/acre- all tillable- CSR2- 90
- 132 acres- $3,600/acre- 80 tillable- CSR2- 73
- 199 acres offered in Keokuk County in two tracts:
- 80 acres- no sale- 75 tillable acres- CSR2- 87
- 119 acres- sold- $8,050/acre- 107 tillable acres- CSR2- 78
Next week will have more auction activity.
It was concerning that Southern Iowa was in a flood watch all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning, but received very little rain.The crops look pretty good for all the dry, hot weather but are beginning to show signs of drought stress.The extended forecast is not calling for much rain.
“That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!” Please check back next week to see what the Iowa land market is doing.
Jim “the Land Talker”
Monthly Iowa land auction results email: Click here to subscribe.