Iowa Land Auction Prices, July 14-20, 2017
Posted on July 24, 2017 at 2:30 PM by Jim Rothermich
Greetings! More acres of land were offered at auction this week compared to last week’s results. 1,341 acres were auctioned, of which 1,039 acres were tillable. The market continues to be strong. Here are the highlights:
- 322 acres sold in Wright County- offered in two tracts:
- 162 acres- $4,000/acre- 144 tillable acres- CSR2- 65 (mostly CRP)
- 160 acres- $3,000/acre- 142 tillable acres- CSR2- 54 (mostly CRP)
- 102 acres sold in Lee County- $2,850/acre- all recreation
- 93 acres sold in Plymouth County- undisclosed sale amount- all tillable- CSR2- 48
- 160 acres sold in Greene County- $10,100/acre- 154 acres tillable- CSR2- 88
- 239 acres sold in Monona County- offered in two tracts:
- 87 acres- $2,200/acre- all timbered/recreation
- 152 acres- $4,000/acre- 81 tillable acres- CSR2- 64
- 274 acres sold in Emmet County- offered in three tracts and purchased as two tracts:
- 157 acres- $9,000/acre- all tillable- CSR2- 86
- 117 acres- $7,300/acre- all tillable- CSR2- 78
- 151 acres sold in Howard County- $9,025/acre- all tillable- CSR2- 78
As I look ahead to the next 60 days, there will be a few more land auctions than what we have had over the past 60 days. Even with more auctions coming in the future, there is still a very low amount of farmland for sale. If you’re thinking of selling a farm in the near time, I highly recommend bringing the farm to the market sooner rather than later.
“That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!” Please check back next week to see what the Iowa land market is doing.
Jim “the Land Talker”
Monthly Iowa land auction results email: Click here to subscribe.